German Federal Ministry of Education and Research- Call for funding to research COVID-19 following the outbreak of SARs-CoV-2
Subsidy: module 1 and 2: €2M module 3: €500,000 module 4: €50,000
Consortium: State and state-recognized universities and non-university research institutions, departmental research institutions, institutions of the public health system (e.g. health offices, state health offices) and health care (e.g. hospitals) as well as commercial companies are eligible to apply.
- Module 1: Combating COVID-19 through early clinical studies for the application of approved therapeutic approaches to Sars-CoV-2. Funding is provided for early phase I, I / II and possibly II clinical trials in which there is a reasonable assumption that they can be transferred to Sars-CoV-2.
- Module 2: Control of COVID-19 through new therapeutic and diagnostic approaches. Funded are:
- Clinical studies to expand the diagnostic options to better understand the serology and thus the course of infection, the effectiveness of new therapeutic approachesand the effectiveness of infection and transmission control measures;
- the development of therapeutic approaches in the late preclinical phase (proof-of-concept studies) up to the clinical trial of phase I.
- Module 3: Research contributing to understanding the virus and its spread
- Module 4: support for ongoing research projects on corona viruses. Funding for limited additional work (up to a maximum of 50,000 euros) can be requested for publicly funded research projects on corona viruses or relevant research projects at German research institutions.
Link to subsidy: https://www.gesundheitsforschung-bmbf.de/de/10592.php
The subsidy landscape is responding quickly to the COVID-19 virus and the problems this crisis causes world-wide. A lot of new funding opportunities are being released to assist researchers and companies with their Research and Development activities against COVID-19. We have made an overview of all COVID-19 grants & funding opportunities. Check our COVID-19 Call Overview and stay up-to-date.
A more detailed and tailor-made overviews are available in 3 different products:
- Funding Scan. A summarized overview of funding opportunities for one specific R&D project with a short profile of the researcher or company. This includes a strategy with upcoming funding opportunities for the next year.
- Funding Advice. A detailed description of your company, research group, R&D projects and an overview of the timelines involved in future development. This includes a funding strategy for each project for the next 2 years.
- Funding Plan. A long-term funding strategy taking into consideration multiple R&D pillars. This detailed strategy focuses on multiple sources of funding and addresses financial weaknesses in continuing strategic planning.
Read more about it on our Strategic Funding Advice page.