PRACE support to mitigate impact of COVID-19 - Fast Track Call for Proposals pandemic
PRACE is welcoming project proposals requesting computing resources to contribute to the mitigation of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Subsidy: about 30 million to 50 million core hours (PRACE facilitates its computing resources (supercomputers)).
Deadline: open until further notice
Project duration: 3-6 months
Consortium: Researchers from academia, from research institutes, and from commercial organisations (industry)based in Europe are eligible to apply.
Scope: PRACE is welcoming project proposals requesting computing resourcesto contribute to the mitigation of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. This applies, without being exhaustive, to the following topics:
- Biomolecular research to understand the mechanisms of the virus infection
- Bioinformatics research to understand mutations, evolution, etc.
- Bio-simulations to develop therapeutics and/or vaccines
- Epidemiologic analysis to understand and forecast the spread of the disease
- Other analyses to understand and mitigate the impact of the pandemic
The subsidy landscape is responding quickly to the COVID-19 virus and the problems this crisis causes world-wide. A lot of new funding opportunities are being released to assist researchers and companies with their Research and Development activities against COVID-19. We have made an overview of all COVID-19 grants & funding opportunities. Check our COVID-19 Call Overview and stay up-to-date.
A more detailed and tailor-made overviews are available in 3 different products:
- Funding Scan. A summarized overview of funding opportunities for one specific R&D project with a short profile of the researcher or company. This includes a strategy with upcoming funding opportunities for the next year.
- Funding Advice. A detailed description of your company, research group, R&D projects and an overview of the timelines involved in future development. This includes a funding strategy for each project for the next 2 years.
- Funding Plan. A long-term funding strategy taking into consideration multiple R&D pillars. This detailed strategy focuses on multiple sources of funding and addresses financial weaknesses in continuing strategic planning.
Read more about it on our Strategic Funding Advice page.