Spanish Instituto de Salud Carlos III- Urgent request for expressions of interest for research projects on Sars-CoV-2 and disease COVID-19
Subsidy: total budget available €24M
Consortium: Universities, other non-profit and for-profit (private) organisation can apply.
Scope: Proposals must be appropriate to the emergency situation and, therefore, allow immediate implementation and start-up in the National Health System, with concrete, early results applicable to the current situation. These proposals may be based on currently existing activities. The scope of these proposals may be:
- Techniques for rapid virological diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2, industrially scalable and applicable to healthcare, with priority orientation towards the diagnosis of the early stages of infection in humans and that allow predicting severity for purposes of healthcare stratification.
- Clinical-biological-molecular characterization of COVID-19 disease, stages, prognostic stratification and complications.
- Development of innovative therapies, new antiviral, antiseptic and disinfectant molecules against SARS-CoV-2. Antiviral resistance studies. Effectiveness of non-pharmacological, prophylactic and therapeutic interventions.
- Characterization of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, knowledge of the genetic and antigenic variation of SARS-CoV-2 as well as the immunological response to the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the virus-host interaction.
- Vaccine development, efficacy and applicability.
- Epidemiological surveillance of SARS-CoV-2 and molecular epidemiology: incidence of mortality and morbidity. Environmental and social factors of the spread. Risk factors and population dynamics of SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Socio-economic impact of the disease COVID-19. Use of primary care resources, general hospital resources, and critical care resources.
- Artificial intelligence and massive analysis of integrated data oriented to the epidemiological control of the disease COVID-19.
The subsidy landscape is responding quickly to the COVID-19 virus and the problems this crisis causes world-wide. A lot of new funding opportunities are being released to assist researchers and companies with their Research and Development activities against COVID-19. We have made an overview of all COVID-19 grants & funding opportunities. Check our COVID-19 Call Overview and stay up-to-date.
A more detailed and tailor-made overviews are available in 3 different products:
- Funding Scan. A summarized overview of funding opportunities for one specific R&D project with a short profile of the researcher or company. This includes a strategy with upcoming funding opportunities for the next year.
- Funding Advice. A detailed description of your company, research group, R&D projects and an overview of the timelines involved in future development. This includes a funding strategy for each project for the next 2 years.
- Funding Plan. A long-term funding strategy taking into consideration multiple R&D pillars. This detailed strategy focuses on multiple sources of funding and addresses financial weaknesses in continuing strategic planning.
Read more about it on our Strategic Funding Advice page.