Eureka Eurostars supports R&D-performing SMEs with innovative and international projects. Eurostars is open for any technological innovation and supports early stage projects (preliminary data) towards prototype development.
Summary & Deadlines
- Subsidy: Country-specific, for NL €500,000
- Funding rate: Country-specific, for NL max. 50%
- Deadline: 3 September 2020
- Project duration: max. 3 years
Eurostars supports international innovative projects led by research and development- performing small- and medium-sized enterprises (R&D-performing SMEs). Eurostars is open for any technological innovation. With its bottom-up approach, Eurostars supports the development of rapidly marketable innovative products, processes and services that help improve the daily lives of people around the world.
Download our Eurostars Guide
We have written an extensive guide for companies looking for information about Eureka Eurostars. In this guide we explain how to draft the perfect proposal so you maximize your chances of getting funded.
Who can apply for Eureka Eurostars?
First of all, the consortium must include at least two partners independent from each other and established in at least two different Eurostars countries. The leader of this consortium should be an R&D performing SME, and the typical consortium consists of 3 partners. Partners of the consortium might include: other SMEs, academic partners, research organizations or large companies.
Each partner within the consortium should benefit from the Eurostars project and should offer crucial expertise to enable the execution of the project.
What is this funding for?
This funding is to achieve proof of concept. Within two years after project, the product should be on the market, or clinical trials should start. Activities for life sciences often include all pre-clinical development steps until a small first-in-man study (compound screening, efficacy / tox studies, pharmacokinetic, etc). The project is evaluated from innovation, cooperation and economical perspectives.
Important to know is that the funding rules are determined per country. The budget, funding rate, rules for submission and more conditions depend on the country of the partner and will thus differ amongst the partners in the consortium. On average the total subsidy for the entire project will be €1.5M, divided over the partners.
Typical life sciences projects
Eurostars projects in life sciences are projects which usually develop:
- Drug screening to lead clinical candidate: an example of such a project is the TARGIT project, which was ready to enter clinical trials after the Eurostars project.
- Biomarker(s) into In Vitro Diagnostic test for example the development of the IVD kit for thyroid cancer in the granted Epithydia project.
- Technology to prototype platform: for example the platform of Radiobotics achieve a prototype and validation during their granted Eurostars projects.
Eureka Eurostars Timeline
Evaluation: 3 months. Project starts 6 months after deadline.