World Cancer Research Fund International (WCRF)
The World Cancer Research Fund International (WCRF) is a not-for-profit organization that guides, takes a lead and brings together a network of cancer prevention charities on a global scale. These charities are the American Institute for Cancer Research in the US, World Cancer Research Fund UK, Wereld Kanker Onderzoek Fonds in the Netherlands and World Cancer Research Fund Hong Kong.
The Fund was set up in 1982 with one overriding goal: unifying the world cancer research network becoming an essential pathfinder in research and health information on relation between food, nutrition, physical activity and the prevention of cancer. There is currently an open call with WCRF. The stage 1 deadline is 16 November 2021; the full application deadline is 25 March 2022.
Aims of the World Cancer Research Fund International (WCRF):
- Spread awareness about the connection between diet and cancer
- Support any kind of research which raise a subject of diet and cancer prevention
- Collect and collate all relevant research on the dependence of diet, weight, physical activity and cancer. And based on these findings, prepare reliable and credible recommendations on cancer prevention for use by governmental and non-governmental institutions as well as health professionals and individuals worldwide.
To get free funding updates, including on the WCRF, subscribe to Catalyze Alerts.
About the World Cancer Research Fund International (WCRF)
World Cancer Research Fund International is a leading authority on the links between diet, nutrition, physical activity and cancer. Its vision is to live in a world where no one develops a preventable cancer.
Since it started in 1982, the World Cancer Research Fund network has been a pioneer in research and health information on the link between food, nutrition, physical activity and the prevention of cancer.
Visit the WCRF website for more information
Read more about other Foundations
Get funding, make impact
Whether you’re an academic or entrepreneur, we craft the roadmap you need to take on the challenges present in finding funding and reaching your market. With over 10 years of experience, we are your gateway to European funding, and beyond.
- Fund. What if funding wasn’t a barrier to innovation? We guide you through the way of finding and obtaining funds.
- Grow. What if your journey was clear? Get the best support for your grant journey.
- Manage. What if you only had to focus on R&D? We provide the support you need to get your innovation on the market.