European Green Deal
On September 22nd the new work program of the European Green Deal calls was officially launched and is now open for applications. The European Green deal is part the EU plan of becoming the first continent that is climate-neutral by 2050. The deadline of the programme is on the 26th of January 2021. All official calls and budgets have been confirmed, read below.
The aim of these tenders is to fund research and innovation to enable a sustainable and inclusive transition. Activities that are funded include: technological development, demonstration, experimentation and social innovation. Projects should deliver tangible results in a quick manner leading to concrete solutions on the main priorities. The Green Deal calls will focus on funding:
- Pilot and demonstration projects and innovative products
- Innovation for better governance of the green and digital transition
- Social and value chain innovation
To get free funding updates, including on the new Horizon Europe Programme, subscribe to Catalyze Alerts.
All Green Deal calls
The European Green Deal calls are now officially launched and are open for submission until the deadline on 26 January 2021. Read all the calls below.
- LC-GD-1-1-2020: Preventing and fighting extreme wildfires with the integration and demonstration of innovative means
- LC-GD-1-2-2020: Towards Climate-Neutral and Socially Innovative Cities
- LC-GD-1-3-2020: Climate-resilient Innovation Packages for EU regions
- LC-GD-10-1-2020: European capacities for citizen deliberation and participation for the Green Deal
- LC-GD-10-2-2020: Behavioural, social and cultural change for the Green Deal
- LC-GD-10-3-2020: Enabling citizens to act on climate change, for sustainable development and environmental protection through education, citizen science, observation initiatives, and civic engagement.
- LC-GD-2-1-2020: Innovative land-based and offshore renewable energy technologies and their integration into the energy system
- LC-GD-2-2-2020: Develop and demonstrate a 100 MW electrolyser upscaling the link between renewables and commercial/industrial applications
- LC-GD-2-3-2020: Accelerating the green transition and energy access Partnership with Africa
- LC-GD-3-1-2020: Closing the industrial carbon cycle to combat climate change- Industrial feasibility of catalytic routes for sustainable alternatives to fossil resources
- LC-GD-3-2-2020: Demonstration of systemic solutions for the territorial deployment of the circular economy
- LC-GD-4-1-2020: Building and renovating in an energy and resource efficient way
- LC-GD-5-1-2020: Green airports and ports as multimodal hubs for sustainable and smart mobility
- LC-GD-6-1-2020: Testing and demonstrating systemic innovation in support of the Farm-to-Fork Strategy
- LC-GD-7-1-2020: Restoring biodiversity and ecosystem services
- LC-GD-8-1-2020: Innovative, systemic zero-pollution solutions to protect health, environment and natural resources from persistent and mobile chemicals
- LC-GD-8-2-2020: Fostering regulatory science to address combined exposures to industrial chemicals and pharmaceuticals: from science to evidence-based policies
- LC-GD-9-1-2020: European Research Infrastructures capacities and services to address European Green Deal challenges
- LC-GD-9-2-2020: Developing end-user products and services for all stakeholders and citizen supporting climate adaptation and mitigation
- LC-GD-9-3-2020: Transparent Accessible Seas and Oceans: Towards a Digital Twin of the Ocean
About the European Green Deal
The European Green deal is part of a bigger plan of the European Union: to become the first continent that is climate-neutral by 2050. It is part of the Horizon Europe, the programme of the European Commission for financing European research and innovation projects. The goal is to ensure Europe continues to produce world-class science projects. Horizon Europe will support additional Green Deal related research and innovation with a call worth close to €1 billion.
Get funding, make impact
Whether you’re an academic or entrepreneur, we craft the roadmap you need to take on the challenges present in finding funding and reaching your market. With over 10 years of experience, we are your gateway to European funding, and beyond.
- Fund. What if funding wasn’t a barrier to innovation? We guide you through the way of finding and obtaining funds.
- Grow. What if your journey was clear? Get the best support for your grant journey.
- Manage. What if you only had to focus on R&D? We provide the support you need to get your innovation on the market.