Horizon Europe Excellent Science
Horizon Europe is open to everyone and has a broad range of focus areas, divided across 3 pillars: Excellent Science, Global Challenges and European Industrial Competitiveness, and Innovative Europe. Each pillar has a specific set of grants and tenders connected to it. This page provides a brief overview of the Horizon Europe Excellent Science pillar and all officially disclosed information.
The 3 Horizon Europe Excellent Science calls
The aim of these calls is to improve and enable excellent scientific research in Europe.
Components of this program include:
- European Research Council: funding frontier research designed and driven by the best researchers in Europe. The ERC 2023 work programme is now open. The deadlines for 2023 have been announced.
- Total budget, 2023: €2.4 billion
- Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions: funding fellowships and mobility of researchers. Deadlines for the MSCA programme in 2023 have been published.
- Total budget, 2023: €874M; 2024: €902M
- Research Infrastructures: funding new world-class research infrastructures.
- Total budget, 2023: €320.26M; 2024: €333.80M
Visit our Horizon Europe page for more recent information.
Official EC information on European Partnerships in Horizon Europe