Horizon Europe - Global Challenges & European Industrial Competitiveness pillar
Horizon Europe is open to everyone and has a broad range of focus areas, divided across 3 pillars: Excellent Science, Global Challenges and European Industrial Competitiveness, and Innovative Europe. Each pillar has a specific set of grants and tenders connected to it. This page provides a brief overview of the Horizon Europe – Global Challenges & European Industrial Competitiveness pillar.
The 7 clusters of Horizon Europe Global Challenges & European Industrial Competitiveness
“Boosting key technologies and solutions underpinning EU policies & Sustainable Development Goals”
- Health. Areas of intervention: health throughout the life course; Non-communicable and rare diseases; Tools, technologies and digital solutions for health and care, including personalised medicine; Environmental and social health determinants; Infectious diseases, including poverty-related and neglected disease; Health care systems.
- Culture, Creativity, and Inclusive Society. Areas of intervention: Democracy and Governance; Social and economic transformations; Culture, cultural heritage and creativity.
- Civil Security for society. Areas of intervention: Disaster-resilient societies; Protection and Security; Cybersecurity.
- Digital, Industry and Space. Areas of intervention: Manufacturing technologies; Advanced materials; Next generation internet; Circular industries; Space, including Earth Observation; Emerging enabling technologies; Key digital technologies, including quantum technologies; Artificial Intelligence and robotics; Advanced computing and Big Data Low-carbon and clean industry; Emerging enabling technologies.
- Climate, Energy and Mobility. Areas of intervention: Climate science and solutions; Energy systems and grids; Communities and cities; Industrial competitiveness in transport; Smart mobility; Energy supply; Buildings and industrial facilities in energy transition; Clean, safe and accessible transport and mobility; Energy storage.
- Food, Bioeconomy, Natural Resources, Agriculture and Environment. Areas of intervention: Environmental observation; Agriculture, forestry and rural areas; Circular systems; Food systems; Biodiversity and natural resources; Seas, oceans and inland waters; Bio-based innovation systems in the EU; Bioeconomy
- Joint Research Centre: Supporting policymakers, both European and national, with independent scientific evidence and support.
Further information on these calls has not yet been disclosed. This page will be updated continually as new information is released. To receive live updates, sign up for Catalyze Alerts. Visit our Horizon Europe page for more recent information.
Get Horizon Europe budget updates with Catalyze Alerts
Staying up-to-date on funding programs is important, but takes a lot of time. With Catalyze Alerts you will receive all relevant updates on upcoming funds: Horizon Europe, but also EIC and Eurostars 2021.
Official EC information on European Partnerships in Horizon Europe