Innovate UK- is the UK’s innovation agency and part of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). They aim to drive productivity and economic growth by supporting businesses to develop and realise the potential of new ideas, including those from the UK’s world-class research base.
Innovate UK Call Summaries
Call: Farming Innovation Programme – research starter pilot/ Expression of Interest (EOL)
Subsidy: £28,000 – £56,000 per project
Deadline: 24-11-2021 This two-stage competition is designed to make funding accessible to a wider range of applicants. Applicants that are successful in the expression of interest (EOI) stage will be able to access independent support to help them complete the full application stage. The full stage will open in February 2022.
Total Budget: £ 1,000,000
Project duration: 12 months
Eligibility: Projects should be held in UK, and involve at least 50% of the farmers, growers or foresters involved based in England. To lead a project an organisation must:
- Be a farming, growing or forestry business of any size based in England.
- Be able to evidence that you are an established business, including sole traders and partnerships have a UK bank account.
- Not have been awarded Innovate UK funding as a project lead within the last 5 years.
To collaborate with the lead at the full stage, organisations must be a UK registered organisation or a farmer, grower or forester based in the UK.
- up to 70% for micro or small organisation
- up to 60% for medium-sized organisation
- up to 50% for large organisation
- The research organisations undertaking non-economic activity as part of the project can share up to 60% of the total eligible project costs.
Scope: The competition aims to provide an entry point for farmers, growers or foresters that have bold, ambitious, early-stage ideas solving major problems that impact their business. This may help them exploit new significant opportunities for their business or industry sub-sector. The outputs of this competition will ideally provide applicants with the knowledge and information needed to aid them in applying for a larger funding grant.