Innovative Health Initiative
The Innovative Health Initiative (IHI) is a public-private partnership (PPP) between the European Union and the European life science industries. On this page we have compiled key program information.
Innovative Health Initiative Call Information
IHI hold two types of calls, Single stage and Two stage calls. Below are some themes that may be included in the call for proposals. Additional information regarding the calls can be found here.
Update: IHI call 3 recently expired. It was a single stage call launched on 13 December 2022, with a deadline on 15 March 2023. The topics are currently under consideration for next call for proposals, IHI call 4 (two stage call).
IHI: Single stage
- Innovative patient-facing care pathways for patients with neurodegenerative diseases and comorbidities,
- Next generation imaging and image-guided diagnosis and therapy for cancer,
- Precision oncology: Innovative patient-centric, multi-modal therapies against cancer,
- Access and integration of heterogeneous health data for improved health care in diseases areas of high unmet public health need.
IHI: Two stage
- New tools for prediction, prevention and monitoring of cardio-metabolic diseases including secondary manifestations to enable timely intervention,
- Strengthening EU clinical development excellence and innovation attractiveness: Harmonised methodology to promote the uptake of early feasibility studies (EFS).
Visit the Innovative Health Initiative website for more information.
Innovative Health Initiative’s objectives
IHI’s general objectives are to: Turn health research and innovation into real benefits for patients and society; deliver safe, effective health innovations that cover the entire spectrum of care – from prevention to diagnosis and treatment – particularly in areas where there is an unmet public health need; and make Europe’s health industries globally competitive.
At Catalyze we commit ourselves to accelerate innovations that have a positive impact on the world. We are the driving force for your innovations through our offering of strategic consulting services, funding consultancy, project management and more, which deliver impactful expertise for all development stages. With the highest quality – and success rate – in the industry, we aim to be the consulting partner of choice to drive the success of meaningful innovation projects. Learn more